Sunday, March 10, 2013

More recipes

Hello friends!

I want to share three more recipes with you-I decided to add three more days to my juice cleanse.  I've put the recipes below.  Don't be afraid to make up your own recipes-pick the fruits you like and try to commit to adding some kind of vegetable in there as well.  Guess what?  Fruit will mask the taste of any greens you decide to throw in there!  Why not take advantage?

So, for my second set of three days, I used the following 7 recipes:

Lemonade - recipe in A Three Day Juice Cleanse

Romaine-Apple OJ - recipe in A Three Day Juice Cleanse

Strawberry Fields - recipe in A Three Day Juice Cleanse.  I chose to substitute the apples for pears.  I actually liked the flavor even better!

Green Apple Juice
6 large leafy greens
6 sprigs of parsley
1 orange
1 packed cup of spinach-seriously pack it in tightly! You want a lot of spinach!
2 green apples
I used swiss chard this time.  If you use swiss chard, remember that the tough stem is NOT good for the juicer!  Cut the stem out.  For apples, I used one granny smith apple and one golden delicious apple-it gives a good sweet and sour balance.

Pineapple-Apple Juice
Half a pineapple, peeled and cored
One and a half apples
Half a lime-take off the skin please!  You don't want the bitterness of the pith in your juice!

Cucumber Carrot Juice-recipe courtesy of my roomate, Meg
10 carrots
1 cucumber-peeled if the skin is waxy


Green Mean Machine
3 stalks celery
2 packed cups of spinach
2 cucumbers-peeled if the skin is waxy
1 green apple

Raw Coconut Water
Again, this is not really a recipe.  You can buy it in the store.  Just make sure it's RAW and UNPROCESSED.

Almond Milk - recipe in A Three Day Juice Cleanse.  I'd like to mention that in addition to using cheesecloth to strain the almond milk, you can also use a very fine sieve.

Happy juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment